lørdag 24. mai 2014

HOW TO DRAW LIPS TUTORIAL! Step by step









Hi Bloggers and drawing enthusiasts!

Before we start I would also like to share a Blogger problem and solution.
I have experienced lately that my pictures appear grey-much more grey than they actually are
when I have been uploading them- I checked out

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/blogger/my$20image$20appear$20grey%7Csort:relevance/blogger/bVBACdghJ3c

and the solution seems that Google now automatically intergrate the Auto Enhance feature which automatically edit your uploaded pictures, adjusts the brightness, saturation level and adds filters.
To remove this, you've gotta do what it says in the link-or simply save your pictures in PNG.
That's what I did, and it seems to be working.


Today, we are going to  have a tutorial on how to draw lips!




LESSON 1: HOW TO DRAW NORMAL LIPS.

1. Begin with drawing five rounded circles.
2. The reason why you need to do this, is that you make sure that you don't draw the lips
to small or too thin. I will get back to how to draw thin lips in  a second.
3. Add shading. If you are a beginner, use light strokes.





DRAWING TECNIQUES:

Take into consideration before you even start drawing what you want the drawing to look like.

If you are a beginner, here are some basics: You can have simply strokes, and you can easily
blend them with a bit of cotton, a painting brush or a tissue. The same if you choose to draw
circles. Personally, I like to use strokes with thin lips, circles are good for the darker parts of
the lips and also if you want do draw big, pounting girly lips.

You can also use crosshatching, but be aware that crosshatching is not so easily to blend
entirely, but it is a good advice no matter what techique you choose to be careful and imagine
in you head what it's going to look like before you ruin a completely good drawing.

You can also try the teqnicue on a little piece of paper if you are in doubt.






DIFFERENCE THICK AND THIN LIPS:

-Full lips have a senstational curve to them. They have  a sensational curve to them
that makes the lips more prominent.
-Thin lips lack the sensuality that full lips capture. They have a smaller,surfaced dip that
takes away the fullness. The bottom lip is straighter and lacks depth.




ANGRY LIPS:

My advice when you're going to draw an angry person is that you look for a reference photo.
You should also think about the angle the person is in. There is also the matter of teeth-remember to
check the front teeth-when I draw, the first thing I look for is that I have drawn the gap between
the teeth and the lower lips wide enough. I strongly advice you too make light strokes when you
are going to draw the teeth and perhaps a bit of the gums- it depends on what you're drawing,
of course- and rather use the time afterwards having fun shading.

I also recommend that you use strokes and also very light strokes when you're shading the teeth.

A good advice if you're a beginner is also to look at comic books and practice the expressions!:)
It is fun and very educational!



        My last tip is that you also practise by looking at fashion magazines for different expressions,
        like I did for this tutorial!

        I also recommend looking at Pinterest, there are some very good tips there.
     
        Credits:
        The Complete Idiot's Guide Drawing People Illustrated by Brenda Hoddinott

          I emphazise that I have made all the drawings shown in this tutorial, but the basics
         I learnt from this book, also a few things from
        Dragoart.com.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar