torsdag 19. september 2013

NORWEGIAN ANIMALS-Traditonal art project


               
                 Hjort, by Leticia Haugen, 17 sept 2013


                     

                 Hello folks!
                ..and thank you, I should say, becouse last weeks post was popular. I can see
                that Norwegian women like a little guidance when it comes to clothing.

                I will also show you guys a project on fitness illustrations-so watch out for that.

              But for now, here is what I have been working on like crazy this week-
              the topic is norwegian animals.I chose to make deer( becouse I saw one last time
              we visited the zoo Bear Park (Bjørneparken) in Flå Hallingdal
              and it was one of the most beautiful animals I have ever seen.

              I am by the way from Hallingdal, so there is absolutely something in me that truly
              loves nature and animals.



            Rødrev, by Leticia Haugen, 19 september 2013
             

  The second one I made is the Red fox, which you probably know from the fairytale
  "Revenka";)

                  Gaupe, by Leticia Haugen, september 2013


                At least, but not last(if you can say that as english expression, I`m not sure;)
                we have the Gaupe! Let me say that I know that these animals are not entirely
                norwegian. For example, we have a breed that is called norwegian gaupe but
                you can also find this beautiful animal in other countries such as South Asia,
               North-Mongolia  and South-Sibir..okay I`m not gonna explain to much
                about that becouse my geography skills sucks;)

               Back to the art.

             I used reference photos for this project to find out what the fur of each
             animal looks like,anatomy and stuff like that, but for artistic purposes I did not
             draw it exactly like the reference photo.

            I also recommend the book The Complete Idiot`s Guide to Drawing People.
            Yes I do,actually. Becouse if you know how to draw textures, you will also
            know how to create fur very quickly.

            I also recommend the anatomy book Anatomisk Tegnelære by Andrås
            Scunyogy and Georgy Fêher. I got my copy at Tanum Bookstore a long time ago.
            It is a really great book, full of good illustrations and explanations both to
            human anatomy and animals.

            OK, that`s it for now-
            as always- I hope you like it and please do comment if you liked it.
            If you want me to draw your pet I am available for comissions.

             Have a great weekend!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Going back to the basics with book titles like "idiot's guide" is actually pretty handy! How you use the light on the fox face is very good, it gives a sense of space. Have a wonderful weekend you too~!

    SvarSlett
  2. Thank you KD:) Never underestimate going back to basics-it`s always useful to find new creative ways. ;)

    SvarSlett