fredag 19. september 2014

"I'm not cocky, I just love Myself!" -Prismacolour Pencils and mechanical pencil on Popdraw Paper





      Hey guys!

     I have no internet at home at the moment so this post is actually written on my job computer.
     Anything to make you readers happy, haha!;)

      Prismacolour Premiere 72 set on PopDraw paper. I have really fallen in love with that paper, it's so
      smooth and white, so I don't have to touch up the backgrounds in Photoshop so much and
      it's also heavy enough to handle a bit of weight which you also need when you're using colour pencils.

     ART TIP OF THE DAY:
   
     GETTING IN TOUCH WITH OTHER ARTISTS
         
       1.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/coloredpencilart

      I love,love this group, and I get inspired and look at it every day. There are so many good colour pencil         artists and you can actually learn something by looking at their work and especially their w.i.p photos.
     
      The group is for everyone, both beginners, people who just love to draw and professionals.
     
      I am also really happy that they bring issues like what your rights as an artist is, and you often get
      to hear how other artists solved a similar problem etc.It's really helpful.

      2.
     The other tip I would like to give is Linkedin- there are also groups for artists there.I have become friends
      with other illustrators through this group, and one of them actually began a forum where you could
      post your Facebook page- I did, and I have gotten some responce to it. Most of them was from
      other artists, but one was from someone who just liked my art-which is what you want, of course;)

      It is a good thing becouse you both get exited, inspired and you want to do things.
      And it gives a good feeling to see that other artists struggle too, but we can help each other.

      As I said to a not professional, but extremely talented woman there you wondered if she should
       go for it and get pro:
      "We are all scared."

       It is also really good to talk to someone who is facing the same issues as yourself as an artist.


       I for one, also like to put my work on pages like this becouse it helps you to not get lazy-
       When there are so many good artists, you've got to work for it. You want to post something
       there that's good enough to be outstanding to get likes and feedback on what you do.
       When you're working alone, you can ask your boyfriend (like in my case,haha;) how it's looking
       but it's another thing to get feedback from real artists.

      3. Instagram.
          I use Instagram a lot nowadays to get inspired-also to get followers,of course.
          You can become a member of groups there too,
          and follow artists. For colour pencil artists I will suggest that you just type in "Prismacolour"
          and see on the explorer meny what comes up. You can also use hashtags-example:
          You have made a colour pencil drawing that you want everyone to notice. Type for example
          # Prismacolour colour pencils and people who want to follow colour pencil artist will find you.
           Simple as that. You can also get your work featured in art groups, so called "Shoutouts."
         
           4. Instagram shoutouts;)

           if you want to recive shoutouts, the best thing is to find a user- someone who gives posts similar to
           your own is what you want-and comment underneath their photos. Ask for a #shoutout and
          say something like follow me and I'll follow back. But be aware, no one likes what I would
           call  a snake-People who just gives you a comment saying "like my page/take a look at mydrawings!
           without giving any related comment on the work he or she has posted.
           I can tell you, people hate that. There is an old saying "If you scratch my back I'll scratch yours"
           and it is there for a reason.

            There are many ways to get shoutouts.
            I will only recommend these:

            -You can also give really good comments on others work,or you can give a shoutout
             to someone who really deserves it-post a photo like this photo is for @username-follow her!
            Telling your followers that they should follow her. This is also great advertisement for her,
            which she will like and she will follow you back.
             -You can get your work featured. Some users, like @art_sanity
             promotes others work. Follow their work, like and comment. Be a good community member.
             Put #art sanity on your work, and I think it will also be a good idea to put something
             like "I follow you and it will be an honour if you would give me a shoutout."
         
              Be nice to people and they will be nice back is a very good rule to think of in the
              art community.

              Sources and credit:
            http://www.wikihow.com/Get-1k-Followers-on-Instagram.
               http://sabrinawottreng.com/2013/09/06/round-up-instagram-art-supporters-and-promoters/
           

         
             
           
             So if you are an illustrator,digital artist or colour pencil artist, give me a shoutout
              and I promise I will follow you too;)
            
            I'm @leticiahaugen on Instagram

             If you have an art page on Facebook, give a notice  on

               https://www.facebook.com/LeticiaHaugenIllustration


             if I like your work, I will follow you if you follow me.

            You can also comment on this post and share a link to your work!
             
             If I see an artist I really like, perhaps I will even invite you to 
             be featured on my blog;)

            
            







             If your're looking for some great colour pencil artist to follow, I would also like to
             recommend http://instagram.com/thedietofworms.

             She is one of the most talented I have ever seen and she draws really amazing realistic
             colour pencil portraits of dogs.

              Of course, I also have to mention my absolute favourite norwegian illustrator
              Esra Roise.
              http://instagram.com/esrarois

             
           
           
     

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar